+ Current Openings
Event Coordinator - seasonal contract
We are looking for Event Coordinators to join the High Beam team for the SXSW season!
Ideal candidates will have experience in event planning and production, social media development and execution, a successful track record of working with multiple clients simultaneously, out of the box creativity, and a passion for turning dreams into reality. The job requires excellent communication skills and attention to detail. We expect professionalism and a drive to exceed expectations.
You would be joining a talented team of dynamic, fun-loving young professionals who share a bond as tight as Austin traffic! Don’t worry, we usually still make happy hours on time.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating directly and regularly with clients
- Determining goals and meeting needs for each assigned event
- Conceptualizing and executing creative design/décor elements based on client needs
- Negotiating with vendors for various services (including venue rental, food and beverage, furniture rentals, fabrication needs, etc.)
- Preparing budgets and proposals and presenting them to clients
- Navigating rendering and layout programs
- Managing billing for each event (including generating client invoices, collecting client payment, keeping financial records, paying vendors, etc.)
- Support to other planners in the office (including proposal building, gathering quotes, etc)
The contract period is from September 2019 through the end of March 2020. If you are interested, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reach out to you if your experience meets our qualifications.
Event Assistant - seasonal contract
We are looking for an Event Assistant for the SXSW season!
The ideal candidate will have a desire to work in event planning, experience in social media development and execution, the ability to multitask, and a good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Knowledge of FileMaker or rendering software a plus. The job requires excellent communication skills and attention to detail. We expect professionalism and a drive to exceed expectations.
This is a support role to assist various team members with a range of tasks throughout the season including, but not limited to:
- Social media management
- Data entry in FileMaker
- Computer renderings and layouts
- Research for various planners/events/projects
- Assisting with various admin tasks – filing, sorting paperwork, general organizing
- Assisting with taking measurements, photos, etc. for events/projects
- Accompanying planners to various walkthroughs and/or events for support
- Running errands related to our projects
- Working onsite during SXSW and assisting with various projects as they arise
Job contract runs from September 2019 through the end of March 2020.
If you are interested, please send your resume to email@example.com and we will reach out to you if your experience meets our qualifications.